It’s official! Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited named Best Developer (China), plus much more
It was a shining night for Chinese real estate as more than 470 VIPs, guests and top professionals gathered at the JW Marriott Hong Kong on Monday, 7 December, for the second annual China Property Awards, part of the decade-old Asia Property Awards series, the largest real estate awards programme in the region.
Many leading and emerging developers from China’s most exciting real estate markets applauded Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited as it received the highest honour of the year for Best Developer (China), beating K. Wah International Holdings Limited, which was named Highly Commended in the same category.
Beijing-based Sino-Ocean Land also received the Best Residential Development (Beijing) gong for the neo-classical–themed Ocean Palace (Beijing), a low-density project located in the heart of Yizhuang New Town.
Two-time nominee Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. picked up both awards it was nominated for – Best Luxury Residential Development (Shenzhen) and Best Residential Development (China) – receiving praise for One Shenzhen Bay, a mixed-use luxury skyscraper on Keyuan South Road.
Meanwhile, returning champion Henderson Land Development Company Limited took the award for Best Office Development (Hong Kong & Macau) for Global Trade Square, a joint project with Hip Shing Hong Development Company Limited, plus two Highly Commended certificates.
A total of 19 awards were given away to China’s finest developers and developments who were shortlisted following a rigorous judging period spanning the last six months, with nominations submitted by industry players and the general public.
“The awards presented tonight are a reflection of the confidence in China’s real estate sector,” said Terry Blackburn, CEO of Ensign Media, owner of the Awards and publisher of Asia’s industry-leading Property Report magazine.
“We are delighted that developers from all over the country have continued to participate in the China Property Awards. It is wonderful so them all together here as we celebrate their successes and conclude this year’s Asia Property Awards series.”
Another highlight of the evening was the announcement of the Real Estate Personality of the Year award – chosen by the editors of Property Report magazine and was the only one not selected by the independent judges panel – to Dr Allan Zeman, chairman and founder of the Lan Kwai Fong Group, and developer of one of Hong Kong’s most iconic entertainment districts. Aside from his relentless contributions to Hong Kong real estate, the property veteran has also championed the growth of domestic markets in Chengdu, Haikou, Wuxi and Shanghai with his mixed-use entertainment complexes.
The nationwide celebration of the best developers and developments has been positively welcomed in China, which has dealt with its much-publicised economic slowdown that has caused some concern within the industry.
“Given the slowdown of the economy in China, the easy-money era for real estate developers has gone. Now is the time to go back to basics and stay focused on user preferences and changing behaviours,” commented China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong Chapter (CRECCHK)’s chairman Ivan Ko, who also led the independent panel of judges.
“The China Property Awards represents a certain degree of international recognition that helps bridge the gap between the property markets in China and overseas. I would expect the response from Mainland China will grow strongly in the next few years down the road as the China Property Awards lifts industry standards and the overall market performance.”
The glitzy event by Ensign Media was hosted in association with this year’s organiser CRECCHK’s 13th anniversary gala. For more information, visit the official website.
Full list of Winners and Highly Commended at the China Property Awards 2015:
Best Developer (China)
- Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited
- K. Wah International Holdings Limited
BEST OF THE BEST
Best Green Development
- TEDA H2 Low Carbon Building by Tianjin TEDA Development Ltd
Best Residential Development (China)
- One Shenzhen Bay by Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd
- Jiu Jian Tang (Mandarin Palace) – Nanjing 南京九间堂 by 南京康厚置业有限公司
Best Commercial Development (China)
- Sino-Ocean Taikoo Li Chengdu by Chengdu Qianhao Real Estate Company Limited
Real Estate Personality of the Year
Dr. Allan Zeman
Chairman and founder, Lan Kwai Fong Group
Best Residential Development (Beijing)
- Ocean Palace (Beijing) 远洋天著 by Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited
- China Lord Mansion 北京紫辰院 by Beijingjiayuanjingda Real Estate Investment Co. Ltd
- Shoukai, Gaojing No.2 Plot首開 by BCDC (Beijing Capital Development Co., Ltd.)
Best Residential Development (Shanghai)
- The Amethyst, Shanghai 中海紫御豪庭 (Lot 6B and Lot 7C) by China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd.
- ONE Park 古北壹號 by FortuneLife Int’l (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Queen’s Gate by Shanghai Guangnan Property Development Company Limited
Best Residential Development (Guangzhou)
- The Landmark 尚东·柏悦府 by Guangzhou Honghan Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Best Luxury Residential Development (Shenzhen)
- One Shenzhen Bay 深圳灣1號 by Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Best Mass Residential Development (Shenzhen)
- Tiara 天颂 by MTR Property Development (Shenzhen) Company Limited
Best Luxury Residential Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Ultima by Sun Hung Kai Properties
- Kau To Highland by Couture Homes Limited
Best Boutique Residential Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- CHI 138 by CHI residences
- High Park & High Park Grand (Sister Residential Towers) by Henderson Land Development Company Limited
Best Commercial Development (Shanghai)
- Mapletree Business City Shanghai & VivoCity Shanghai上海豐樹商業城、上海怡豐城 by Shanghai Lingfeng Real Estate Development Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Mapletree
- The Place 虹桥南丰城 by Shanghai Huan Tian Property Development Co. Ltd.
Best Commercial Development (Guangzhou)
- Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre 广州周大福金融中心 by Guangzhou Xinyu Properties Co., Ltd.
Best Commercial Development (Shenzhen)
- Ping An IFC 深圳平安金融中心购物中心 by Ping An Group / Shenzhen Ping An Financial Centre Construction and Development Company Ltd.
- One Bay 湾汇商业 by Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Best Mixed-Use Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Tower535 by Big Harvest International Limited & Orient Master Limited / Phoenix Property Investors
- 18 On Lan by Henderson Land Development Company Limited
Best Office Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Global Trade Square by Henderson Land Development Company Limited / Hip Shing Hong Development Company Limited
Best Retail Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- H.A.N.D.S by The Link Management Limited
Best Hotel Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Hotel sáv by sáv Hospitality Group
Best Commercial Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Galaxy Macau (Phase 2) by Galaxy Macau